CBD FOR PETS - Bonfire night is fast approaching, while most of us are looking forward to celebrating Bonfire Night by visiting the local firework display or watching from the comfort of your home, pet owners are preparing to keep their furry friends' as relaxed as possible. Are you prepared?
This time of year can be extremely stressful for our pets, the loud firework noises can cause every type of pet to be scared from rabbits to horses. This is because animals have a lot sharper hearing sense than humans, the loud bang noises can not only scare them but also cause them pain.
It's estimated that 45% of dogs in the UK show signs of fear when they hear fireworks. So with firework night fast approaching it’s important to be prepared.
• Dogs can hear frequencies WAY above humans. That's why they know you're home long before anyone else.
• Cats are able to hear higher frequencies than BOTH humans and dogs. Their ear muscles also allow them to rotate their ears up to 180°.
Most of us are familiar with cannabinoids, these are the chemicals in the cannabis plant that gives it its medical and recreational properties. There are over 100 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant, all of which interact with different receptors in the body resulting in different effects from the classic THC “high” to the anti-inflammatory properties from CBD.
We know what you’re thinking – but you can ‘relax, man’! Although CBD oil is made from hemp, it doesn’t contain any of the psychoactive properties found in other cannabis compounds. So no, your pet won’t get ‘high’.
Cannabidiol (CBD), one of the main active constituents of the cannabis plant is a safe, all-natural remedy to a number of canine health issues. Pet owners have used it for a wide range of therapeutic and behavioral issues such as:
This is because all animals have an endocannabinoid system (Read more here). Meaning that your pet may have the ability to experience the same advantages of CBD that you would. Because of the similarities between the body structures of us humans and some mammals, a number of proprietors have begun utilizing CBD products for their pets.
There can be one or many symptoms of anxiety in relation to how anxious or stressed your pet is. These are some of the common symptoms that show your pet needs calming. But how do we go about the issue? Luckily with some small changes and a bottle of Flora Fusion CBD for pets, you can do your best to make your furry friend's life that bit easier.
One 10ml bottle of Flora Fusion CBD for pets contains 200mg of the highest quality hemp extract and pure salmon oil. The use of salmon oil makes the taste much more pleasant for your furry friend, making the product easy to administer. Our CBD oil for pets is rich in terpenes and has the greatest variety or cannabinoids for maximum effect on your beloved pet.
Flora Fusion CBD oil for pets is very effective, even in low doses, and 100% safe to use. Current studies show it’s near impossible to overdose on CBD. If you accidentally give your dog more than anticipated, there’s a very low chance of it having adverse effects.
We recommend testing Flora Fusion CBD oil for pets on your pet prior to a stressful event, this will give you a chance to identify the perfect dose.
Start with a low dose, and only increase if you don’t see results. A full dropper of Flora Fusion CBD for pets will dispense approximately 1ml (20 drops) of oil which provides 20mg of CBD. A good rule of thumb is 1 drop per 5 kilos of body weight three times a day.
The most common delivery method for CBD for pets is via CBD oil. If your pet is willing, you can place drops directly into their mouths under their tongue (called sublingually in industry terms). But if your pet is resistant to this method, the easiest method is to apply drops to their food.
- Check out when the local firework displays are happening in your area so you know exactly when there is going to be some disturbance.
- During the days leading up to Bonfire night, try playing a soundtrack or YouTube video of fireworks quietly in the house. This way your pet can familiarise themselves with the noise.
- Ensure your pet gets plenty of exercise on Bonfire day so that they’re feeling tired by the evening.
- Create a safe place in your home for your pet to retreat to and have some peace and quiet.
- In the event that you do take your pet outside, make sure they are wearing a collar with an up-to-date ID tag on.
- Don't forget the little guys - if you have rabbits, guinea pigs, or other small animals in the garden, remember that they will be just as affected as cats and dogs. Place a cover over their home to soundproof it, leaving a small gap so they can still see out. Make sure they have extra bedding to burrow into when scared.
Our pets’ bodies are uniquely designed much like the human body. From their organs and muscles to their senses and desires, everything in their body has a purpose, a function, and a connection to one another. Their endocannabinoid system is just as involved in various processes and functions as the human endocannabinoid system. When we understand how CBD oil interacts with their ECS, we can potentially provide relief from certain health ailments and improve their quality of life.
If you have any questions regarding CBD, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us by email, phone, or pop into our office!